by Dare Lawal
Today, the PDP’s National Executive Committee (NEC) met and accepted the resignation of 12 members of its National Working Committee (NWC) whose 2012 election the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) said had violated the guidelines for the congresses and national convention.
Olisa Metuh, the outgoing National Publicity Secretary, moved the motion announcing the resignation of the 12 affected NWC members. That motion was immediately adopted and they were escorted out of the venue.
The NEC later appointed a caretaker committee of 20 to run the party until the national convention scheduled for July 15.
A former deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Chibudom Nwuche, was named the new deputy national chairman. He replaces Sam Sam-Jaja, a loyalist of Gov. Rotimi Amaechi. Nwuche however is loyal to the new PDP executive in the state led by Felix Obuah.
Below is the list of the 20 members today appointed to fill vacancies in the NWC:
1) Ag. Deputy National Chairman Hon. Chibudom Nwuche
2) Ag. National Secretary Dr.Remi Akintoye
3) Ag. Deputy National Secretary Se. Emma Agboti
4) Ag. National Organizing Secretary Yusuf Hamisu Abubakar
5) Ag. National Publicity Secretary Tony Ceaser Okeke
6) Ag. National Legal Adviser Simon D. Jok Esq.
7) Ag. National Youth Leader Barr. Tanko Beji
8) Ag. National Women Leader Barr. Oyibo Nwaneri
9) Ag. Deputy National Legal Adviser Barr. Yau Kwadon
10) Ag. Deputy National Youth Leader Hon. Peter Adefunmilayo
11) Ag. Deputy National Auditor Nasiru Ibrahim Birchi
12) Ag. Deputy National Woman Leader Mrs. Torkwase Ajoh
13) Ag. National Tresurer Mohammed Dandari
14) Ag. Deputy National Organising Onyemachi Ikechukwu Jideofor
15) Ag. Deputy National Financial Secretary Hon. Awalu Gwalabe
16) Ag. Deputy National Treasurer Chief Augustine Lugbenwei
17) Ag. Deputy National Publicity Secretary Calib Yahaya
18) Ag. Ex-Officio Chief Akin Taiwo
19) Ag. Ex-Officio Tope Ademiluyi
20) Ag. Ex-Officio Chief Mike Akinfenwa
21) Ag. Ex-Officio Hon. Gbenga Oduwaiye