By Segun Odeleye
On Thursday, Gov. Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa dropped seven commissioners from the State Executive Council in his first major cabinet shake-up since February 14, 2012 when he was inaugurated.
In a statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Daniel Iworiso-Markson, on Thursday, the governor said the sack which is to take immediate effect is due to the ongoing re-organisation of government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) for optimal implementation of the state’s Restoration Agenda.
Among those fired are:
1. Mr Francis Egele, Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice;
2. Mr Ayakeme Massa, Trade, Investment and Industry;
3. Dr Anapurere Michael Awoli, Health;
4. Mr Nelson Belief, Tourism Development;
5. Mr Gesiye Isowo, Special Duties (Federal Projects);
6. Mr Parkinson Macmanuel, Science, Technology and Manpower Development;
7. Dr Sylvanus Abila ,Environment.
The affected commissioners were also requested to hand over to the permanent secretaries in their various ministries.
Gov. Dickson thanked the sacked commissioners for their service, diligence, hard work and invaluable contributions to the successes of his administration.
“The governor wished them well in all their future endeavours.
“You may be called upon to serve the state in other capacities in future,’’ the statement said.
The statement further explained that the re-organisation, which was for improved service delivery in the execution of government’s programmes would be a continuous exercise.