by Dare Lawal
Asari Dokubo is still speaking concerning last week’s attack on the convoy of former military ruler, Muhammadu Buhari.
Speaking at a press briefing, the ex-militant criticised President Goodluck Jonathan for allegedly placing more value on Buhari’s life than that of other Nigerians.
The words which had so upset Asari Dokubo was the president’s assertion that the nation would have boiled if Buhari had died. He lso denied the reports that he had paid the mastermind of the blast N5m.
Dokubo, who denied working for President Jonathan also said that the insinuation was meant to tarnish his image as a way of shutting him out of 2015 electioneering process.
Speaking in Abuja on Tuesday, he insisted his stance that General Buhari has no good intentions for Nigeria as a result of the support he (Buhari) gets from foreign leaders and organizations aiming to destabilize the country.
He said: “I do not work for Jonathan. What the President said was wrong. The life of Buhari is not more important than 87 people that died in that blast. It is unfortunate that the president made such a statement. I wonder why the President will be promoting one person above that of other Nigerians.
“That statement from the President was very unfortunate. I do have the capacity to tell the President to apologize, but I still insist that he should not have made such a statement.
“Soon after the blast, a cross-gender person came out and was arrested. Even the mother of the person arrested said he was insane”.
On working for President Jonathan, Dokubo said, “Social media reports said I gave them N5 million to carry out the attack. These things are masterminded. The first one is against President Jonathan and the other is against me.
“I did not pay anybody to carry out any assassination attempt on Buhari. I do not have anything against him. He is not a threat. He will fail in 2015. For the records, I do not operate a Twitter account and anyone saying I tweeted that there will be more attacks is only using my name.”
“They want to silence me because they know the role I will play in 2015. They have also sponsored reports in Benin Republic that I am the person financing Boko Haram.
“Another islamic scholar also said I am the one sponsoring Boko Haram to destroy the north on behalf of President Jonathan.
“The Deputy Minority Leader in the House of Representatives said I spoke on behalf of President Jonathan. That means Buhari is the commander-in-chief of Boko Haram in the north. His allies came out and made inflammatory statements during the 2011 elections.”
Dokubo said he can prove how Gen Buhari was being funded by the late Leader of Libya, Col. Muammar Gaddafi