by Segun Odeleye
On Monday, the campaign organisation of Pres. Goodluck Jonathan will be inaugurated in Abuja.
The campaign team will be manned by veterans of previously successful PDP national campaigns including party stalwarts like Ahmadu Ali, Anthony Anenih, Jerry Gana, Tunde Adeniran, and Femi Fani-Kayode.
The director-general of the campaign team will be Ahmadu Ali, the former PDP national chairman who held sway when Olusegun Obasanjo and Maurice Iwu bequeathed Nigeria with one of its worst ever elections in 2007. Also, the chairman of the PDP board of trustees, Anthony Anaenih, will serve as the national campaign adviser.
The news on the composition of the campaign organisation was contained in a statement signed by the Special Adviser on Political Matters to the President, Rufai Alkali, who said that the inauguration of the campaign committee will take place at the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] presidential campaign office at Legacy House, in the Maitama District of Abuja by 2p.m.
Other campaign positions:
– Tunde Adeniran, a former minister of education will be the deputy director general of the campaign’s head office
– Kabiru Turaki, the current minister of special duties will be the deputy director general for the North
– Peter Obi, the former Anambra governor will be the deputy director general for the South
– Femi Fani-Kayode, a former aviation minister will be the Director of Media and Publicity
– Jerry Gana, former information minister, will be the head of the campaign’s contact and mobilization unit
– Aliyu Umar, another former information minister, will head the directorate of administration and logistics
– Nenadi Usman, an ex-minister of finance and current senator who failed to get a return ticket to the senate, will head the finance directorate
– Former Senator Nimi Amange will head the directorate of Planning, Research and Statistics
– Emmanuel Imohe will be in charge of the directorate of security and intelligence
– Abdullahi Maibasira, the PDP National Youth leader, will be in charge of Youth Mobilisation
– Nick Eze will head the directorate on Civil Society and Support groups
– Becky Igwe will head directorate on Women Mobilization.