The Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje has sacked and replaced five commissioners. No official reason was give for his decision.
- Kabiru Dandago
- Hamisu Lambu
- Rabiu Bako
- Zubaida Damakka and
- Haruna Falali.
On Saturday, Ganduje presided over the swearing in of 6 new commissioners.
- Commissioner of justice and attorney general, Ibrahim Mukhtar,
- Commissioner of works, transport and housing, Engr Aminu Aliyu,
- Commissioner of finance and economic development, Alh Aminu Dan Amu,
- Commissioner for special duties, Musa Iliyasu Kwankwaso,
- Commissioner of commerce and industry, Alhaji Ahmed Rabiu and
- Commissioner of budget and planning, Hajia Aisha Jaafar.
Gov. Ganduje said the new commissioners were selected strictly based on merit, and should work diligently to ensure that they deliver their best for the success of the administration.
The governor also thanked those commissioners that were relieved from their posts, and stated that they won’t be left out of his administration, but will be accommodated in other roles.