As the 2019 election approaches, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka of the Adoration Ministry, has begun to weigh in as usual on the politics of who should be president. His early tilt seems to be towards former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who recently defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
According to a report by Daily Post, the cleric who famously described former President Goodluck Jonathan as “Badluck”, and threw his weight behind Muhammadu Buhari, now says:
- Atiku has what it takes to “put smiles on Nigerians suffering different marginalization,” if given the opportunity to rule the country in 2019.
- Atiku is advocating a “new order, a new paradigm shift in the government.”
- Atiku is a democrat and a businessman who does not fear negotiations, which is “what reasonable human beings that love his people do. This is even more important if a stubborn resistance against negotiations can lead to unsavoury outcomes, which the present governments have demonstrated!”
- The former VP is “the only person that has contested and is still contesting for Nigerian presidency that love the youths more and have created more jobs for the youths more than most state governments!”
- “Imagine what he will do when he have the power and resources to do more! Let’s pray that the blessing and protection of God to be with him to put smile in Nigerians suffering different marginalization!” Mbaka said.
Mbaka called for a renegotiation of the Nigerian union as that will “reduce to the barest minimum the feelings of injustice and poverty among Nigerians. It is what will make Nigerians believe that they chose this union willingly, ending effectively the theory of Lugardian contraption.”
Caution: Atiku may want to be cautious about rushing to embrace the endorsement from Mbaka however. The cleric is not shy of shifting grounds. In the buildup to 2015, he first endorsed Goodluck Jonathan, before porting to Buhari.