The governor of Kano state, Abdullahi Ganduje, said on Sunday that his predecessor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, is a political lightweight who cannot win election in his own ward and is incapable of defeating President Muhammadu Buhari in a presidential contest.
The governor was responding to an interview by Kwankwaso in which he boasted that if given the PDP presidential ticket for the 2019 election, he would defeat Buhari.
“Senator Kwankwaso’s latest utterances have confirmed the fact that he is now a confused politician who is grabbing every opportunity to relaunch himself back into relevance,” said the Kano governor in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information, Malam Muhammad Garba.
Other highlights of the statement:
– Kwankwaso is “a political fugitive who does not have the platform, the intellectual capability and mental ability to manage the affairs of Nigeria.”
– “For over three years, he has been sleeping in the Senate without sponsoring even a bill that will positively impact on the lives of Nigerians. This is a clear indication that he has nothing to offer. He is just being boastful. For over three years, Kwankwaso has been in the Senate, he has not visited Kano Central, his senatorial district. He has not executed any tangible constituency project for his people.”
– Kwankwaso’s dream to get the PDP presidential ticket remains a tall one that can never see the light of the day because those he is going to meet there are familiar with his antics. They have not forgotten in a hurry the role he played in destroying the same PDP.
– “I am surprised that Kwankawso is now talking about people like Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, a man he persecuted and betrayed in many occasions. I am surprised he is talking about the PDP, a party he destroyed and betrayed many of the chieftains who are still there today to pay him back with his own coin.”
– “Those who know him will understand that he is overrating himself and cannot be seen as a major contender in the 2019 presidential election. He is a usurper who wants power by all means. Here in Kano, the support for President Buhari and the APC is non-negotiable.”