One senator and two members of the House of Representatives on Wednesday defected from their respective political parties.
- Senator Osinakachukwu Ideozu (Rivers West) defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
- Hon. Musa Soba (Kaduna, Soba Constituency) defected from the APC but is yet to announce a new party.
- Hon. Hassan Omale (Kogi, Ankpa/Omala/Olamaboro Constituency) defected from the PDP to the African Democratic Congress (ADC).
- With Ideozu’s defection, all three Rivers senators now belong to the APC, even though the state is being currently governed by the PDP.
- In the House of Representatives, more than 70 APC members lost return tickets to the national assembly and have been protesting against it. Soba was one of them.
- Omale’s defection was also very predictable. He defected from the APC to the PDP just three months ago, supposedly due to internal disputes within the state chapter of the party. But he failed to get the party’s ticket and has now moved to the ADC.
The senate adjourned sitting today to November 6th.