With just over a month to the end of his first term in office, Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State on Tuesday directed political appointees in the state to resign by April 30, 2019.
- They are expected to forward their resignation letters and handover notes to his Principal Private Secretary, according to a statement by Samuel Aruwan, the governor’s spokesman.
Exemptions: Not everyone is affected by the governor’s directive. Those excluded include:
- Commissioner of Finance
- Principal Private Secretary
- Special Adviser Intergovernmental Relations
- Managing Director, Kaduna Markets Development Company
- Managing Director, Kaduna Investment and Finance Company.
- Full-time Commissioners in the Fiscal Responsibility Commission, Civil Service Commission, Judicial Service Commission and Assembly Service Commission.
- The State Independent Electoral Commission
- Peace Commission
- Public Procurement Authority
- Water Regulatory Authority.